Importing Points Data
Leapfrog Geo supports the following file types for points data:
- CSV files (*.csv)
- ASCII text files (*.asc)
- DXF files (*.dxf)
- Leapfrog Geo 3D Point Data files (*.pl3, *.ara)
Points data can be imported from:
- Files stored on your computer or a network location. Right-click on the Points folder and select Import Points. You will be prompted to select a file.
- From any database that runs an ODBC interface. Right-click on the Points folder and select Import Points via ODBC. See Selecting the ODBC Data Source below.
For each of these options, once the data source is selected, the process of importing the data is the same.
When importing a file that has multiple features, you will be prompted to select which ones to import. You can also choose to:
- Import the features as separate objects. Each feature will appear in the project tree as a separate object.
- Flatten all features into one object. Leapfrog Geo will treat all features as a single object.
Once imported, the file will be added to the Points folder. If there are errors in the data, the errors can be corrected as described in Correcting Data Errors.
To view the imported data, double-click on the object that has been added to the Points folder.
Once points data has been imported to the project, it can be modified and evaluated against geological models, interpolants and distance functions, as described in Evaluating Points Data.
When importing points data from an ODBC database, you will need to specify the ODBC data source. Enter the information supplied by your database administrator and click OK.
Once the data source is selected, the importation process is similar to that described above.