Imago Product Access, Roles and Permissions
The tools available for determining what access to an Imago subscription any individual user has are:
The first tool for managing users’ access to a subscription is Product access, which determines what components of a subscription a user has access to. Product access is set in the User Management window:
Unrestricted access should be limited to a small number of users as these users have complete access to all parts of the Imago subscription, including Admin functions. Disabling the Unrestricted option will display the other options, which are:
- Imago Portal. This allows a user to view imagery in the portal. There is an additional workspace-related setting that provides some users edit access in the Imago Portal.
- Imago Capture/Mobile. This allows a user to capture images in Imago Capture X/Imago Mobile. In order to capture imagery, these users need to be able to select a capture profile, which is set up on a profile-by-profile basis in the Admin Portal. This is described in XREF.
- Imago Connect. This allows user to sign in to the Imago Connect + Tools application. As with Unrestricted access, Imago Connect access should be limited to a small number of users.
The second tool for managing user’s access to a subscription is Roles, which determine a user’s access to workspaces and capture profiles.
- Subscription Owner. A Subscription Owner has access to all workspaces and profiles, can create, edit and delete content and can create and assign roles.
- Owner (Administrator). An Owner (Administrator) can view workspaces and profiles to which they have been given access but are not able to create and edit users.
- Collaborator. A Collaborator can create, edit and delete content.
- Viewer. A Viewer can only view content; they cannot create, delete or edit content.
The Subscription Owner and Owner (Administrator) roles are assigned by Seequent Imago and are displayed in workspaces and profiles simply as Owner. A user may be a collaborator or a viewer, depending on what choice is made when they are assigned to a workspace/profile.
For each workspace or capture profile in a subscription, there is a User Permissions button for assigning users to that workspace/profile and determining what their roles are:
If the list of members shows an assigned user as inherited, they are members of the workspace/profile as the result of being part of an assigned security group that has been given access to that workspace/profile.
If you have an Imago Enterprise licence, the ability to create security groups is another tool for managing users’ access to the subscription. Instead of assigning roles to each user, adding them to workspaces and profiles and setting their roles on an individual basis, you can define groups of users and assign them to workspaces and profiles all at once.
When you have an Enterprise licence, there will be a Security Groups tab in the User Management window. In this window, you can create security groups and add existing users to those groups.
For each workspace or profile in a subscription, there is an Assign Security Groups button for assigning groups to that workspace or profile and determining what their roles are: