Imago Subscription Setup Guide
This guide is for admins setting up a new Imago subscription. It describes the process to follow once you have received your sign-in credentials from Seequent support.
Before getting started, make sure you are familiar with how information is organised in Imago. These resources will help you with this:
- The Imago Data Hierarchy topic describes the Imago data hierachy with reference to the Imago demo dataset.
- Brief Guide to the Imago Portal is an introduction to viewing core and chip tray images in the Imago Portal using the Imago demo site.
- Imago Product Access, Roles and Permissions describes the tools available for determining what access to an Imago subscription any individual user has.
Imagery types defined for your Imago subscription can be shared by any workspace/dataset you set up. For this reason, it is a good idea to start setting up your Imago subscription by first defining your imagery types and image types and then setting up the workspaces/datasets that will use them. That is the workflow recommended in this guide.
Steps in this workflow that involve the Imago Admin Portal are:
- Defining Imagery Types
- Creating Workspaces and Datasets
- Adding and Managing Users
- Setting Up Capture Profiles
Once you have carried out these steps, you can then set up Imago Capture X to use one of the capture profiles you have set up in the Admin Portal. That process is described in the Capturing Images Using Capture X part of this guide.
In the examples used in this guide, data is organised to mimic the setup of the Imago demo site. Click here to view the Imago demo site. This will open the Imago Portal with the demo dataset displayed.
Sign in to the Imago Portal using the information provided to you by Seequent support. Access to Admin tools is available via the user ID menu at the top right of the window:
It is a good idea to change your password, if you’re still using password set for you when your instance was created. To do this, click on My Account.
It’s important to note that when you make changes in the Imago Admin Portal, these changes are saved automatically.